Members of the Mayors for Peace European Chapter have joined forces with the World Human Rights Cities Forum (Gwangju, South Korea) and the World Forum of Cities and Territories for Peace (Mexico City, Mexico) to produce a statement on the current state of the global peace agenda and local governments contribution to it.
The document supports the UCLG “Pact for the Future”: A key initiative to renew the social contract at a local level and highlight local governments’ role in delivering global agendas. Protecting human rights is a fundamental part of this effort, as recalled by UCLG-CSIPDHR member local governments.
The Mayors for Peace PX Vision has been a key inspiration of this initiative – as a singular roadmap to foster local government mobilisation in favour of the culture of peace and nuclear disarmament agenda at a global level.
Supports of the statement “Our contribution to renewing the global municipal peace narrative”:
- Mayors for Peace European Chapter
- World Human Rights Cities Forum (South Korea)
- World Forum of Cities and Territories for Peace (Mexico)
- Mayors for Peace Catalonia Chapter (Catalonia)
- ACDRP – Association of Local and Regional Governments for Peace (France)
- NFLA – Nuclear Free Local Authorities (United Kingdom)